Bahar: Tasty and delicious curry. Not too spicy, but spicy enough to taste like a true curry. An easy dish that you can cook in only about half an hour. I found the recipe on food-network Canada when I was looking for a recipe that uses coconut milk and doesn't need too many fancy ingredients, and there it was. Enjoy.
1. Peel and chop the onion. Peel and finely dice the garlic cloves.
2. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut into 1-inch pieces
3. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the chopped onion and saute until tender. Add chicken and saute about 5 minutes or until slightly browned. Transfer the chicken to a medium-size bowl.
4. Add remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the frying pan. Add the rest of the chopped onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is tender. Drain.
5. Add coconut milk, yogurt, grated ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Transfer the curry to the serving bowl, garnish on top with slivered almonds and powdered coconut (optional). Serve with rice.
Published on March 17, 2008 Last edited on October 23, 2009Herbs & Spices in this Recipe: