Bahar: Orange flavored sauce! This may sound strange for a pasta dish but tastes fabulous. This recipe is from Najaf Darya-Bandari's cook book in persian (Ketab-e mostatab-e ashpazi, az sir ta piaz) with few modifications.
Chicken Breast: 2 (or 3-4 chicken thighs), skinless and boneless, cut to 2-3 pieces Onion: 1 small (coarsely chopped) Oil: 2 tbsp Bell Pepper: 1 cored and sliced (preferably red or orange) Soy Sauce: 2 tbsp Chicken Broth: 1/2 cup Orange Juice: 1/2 cup Orange Zest: 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper: 1/8 tsp Cream: 1/2 cup Pasta: Fettuccine or Linguine for 4
1. Heat the oil in frying pan over medium heat. Saute onion and chicken breasts (or thighs) in oil for 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Drain the oil and discard the onions. Cut the cooked chicken pieces into 1 square inches cubes.
2. Add chicken cubes and the next 6 ingredients (bell pepper, soy sauce, chicken broth, orange juice, zest of orange and black pepper) to a sauce pan and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the cream and let cook for few more minutes. Remove from the heat before it starts to boil.
5. Add on top of your favorite pasta (preferably fettuccine or linguine) and serve.