Sara: A slice of banana bread can be a great companion for tea or coffee break. You can easily add your own touch to the recipe by adding up to 1/2 cup of nuts such as walnuts or pecans or dried fruits like raisins. One of the great points about banana loaf is that it even tastes better the next day!
Ripe Bananas : 3
Flour : 1 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar : 1/2 cup
White Sugar: 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil:1/2 cup
Baking Soda: 1 tsp
Baking Powder: 1 tbsp
Cinnamon: 1/2 tbsp
Vanilla Powder: 1 tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease and flour a 5x9 loaf pan.
3. In a big bowl mash the bananas, add eggs and mix well.
4. Sift the flour, vanilla powder, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Add Sugar
5. Add the dry ingredients and oil to the egg mixture.
6. Pour in the loaf pan and cook for 50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted at the center comes out clean.
Published on May 30, 2008 Last edited on December 17, 2008Herbs & Spices in this Recipe: