Bread Flour: 3-3.5 cups
Sugar: 2/3 cup
Active Dry Yeast: Yeast 2 packages= 1.5 tbsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Milk: 1+1/4 cup, warm
Butter: 1/3 cup (in room temperature)
Saffron: a pinch (optional)
1. If using bread machine, add all main ingredients except one egg and saffron in the order suggested by your bread machine manual and process to form the dough then skip to step 5. Otherwise start from step 2.
2. Mix 2 cups flour, sugar and salt. Add warm milk, yeast and butter then mix for 2 min with your hand mixer.
3. Add 1 cup flour and one egg then mix for 2 min. If necessary add more flour.
4. Mix for 3 min using your hands.
5. Brush with some oil, cover and leave it for 10 min.
6. Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Slightly sprinkle some flour on the surface then roll each piece as shown in the picture.
7. Make a knot with each roll as shown in the picture.
8. In to a backing sheet place roll knots. Brush with some oil then cover. Leave them for 45 min or until doubled in bulk.
9. Beat the other egg with some saffron and brush the roll knots.
10. Bake in 400 F oven for 15 to 20 min or till golden.