1. Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan. Heat until warm or until sugar is dissolved and vanilla has had enough time to steep.
2. While cream is heating, dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup water at room temperature.
3. Once cream has heated sufficiently, pour the mixture over the gelatin in the bowl and stir until fully dissolved.
4. Stir in the buttermilk slowly until just combined.
5. Divide into 6 ramekins, cover and refrigerate for 6 hours and preferably overnight.
6. When ready to serve, unmold each into a serving plate*. Add a tablespoon of strawberry sauce on top and drizzle chocolate sauce over (optional).
* To unmold, use a sharp long knife. You may also pour some boiling water into a small bowl and then put each ramekin into the bowl for about 15 seconds (be careful that the water does not get into the ramekin).
Published on November 28, 2007 Last edited on October 23, 2009Herbs & Spices in this Recipe: