Sara: One of the best ways to eat vegetables is grilled. Even the pickiest vegetable eaters will get excited this way. If you are a vegetarian or looking for a vegetable dish this recipe is for you. Measurements are just guidelines.
Japanese eggplant: 1, sliced lengthwise
Zucchini: 1, sliced lengthwise
Red onion: 1, sliced rings
Red or Green Pepper: 1 sliced
Tomato: 1 sliced
Panini bread: 2
Asiago cheese: 2 slices
Mozzarella cheese: 2 slices
Salt and pepper
Garlic clove: 1 minced
1. Preheat your grill or Cast Iron pan over medium heat for 5minutes.
2. Brush all your vegetables, except tomatoes, with olive oil on both sides and place on the grill. Close the lid and grill vegetables for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Spread mustard onto each cut side of bread.
4. Layer one cut side of bread with grilled vegetables, tomato slices and cheese. Cover with one of the remaining pieces of bread.
5. Press the sandwiches firmly together. Brush both sides of each sandwich with olive oil then grill until bread is golden brown and cheese has melted for about 5 to 10 min.
6.Using a large serrated knife, cut into wedges and serve.
Published on May 5, 2009 Last edited on May 5, 2009