Navid: There are many meatloaf recipes available out there. Some recipes call for milk and oatmeal which make it more like a breakfast dish. I personally look at meatloaf as a homemade steak and therefore don't want any milk in it. To provide moisture for the meatloaf, instead of milk I am using Worcestershire sauce (or steak sauce). For the meatloaf glaze, some people use mustard but I prefer the taste of balsamic vinegar which make this a superb dish.
Ground Beef: 1 pound or 0.5 Kg
Onion: 1 medium, chopped
Garlic: 1 clove, small chopped
Egg: 1, beaten
Salt: 1 tsp
Pepper: 1/4 tsp
Olive Oil: 2 tbsp
Bread Crumb: 1/2 cup
Worcestershire Sauce: 2-4 tbsp (or replace it with your favourite steak sauce)
Fresh Parsley: 2 tbsp, chopped
Ketchup: 1/3 cup
Brown Sugar: 1 tbsp
Balsamic Vinegar: 2 tbsp (replace it with Cider Vinegar if you don't have balsamic)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and saute onion and garlic until just soft. Remove from the heat and cool.
3. Mix them with all other main ingredients. Shape into a loaf and transfer into a baking dish.
4. Mix all glaze ingredients and keep aside.
5. Bake meatloaf for 50 min.
6. Pour the glaze mix over it and bake for 10 more min.