All-purpose Flour: 2+1/4 cups
Baking Powder: 2 tsb
Vegetable Oil: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 to 1+1/2 cups
Eggs: 6 separated (preferably room temperature)
Vanilla Extract: 1/2 tsp (or equivalently, 1 teaspoon vanilla powder)
Chocolate Milk: 1 cup
Dark Chocolate Chips: 1 cup
Icing Sugar: to decorate
Chocolate Sauce: to decorate (optional)
1. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, vanilla powder (if you are using powder instead of extract) together.
4. In a large bowl, beat in the egg yolks and sugar at high speed until the mixer turns to a pale yellow color.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract (if you are using the extract).
6. Add the vegetable oil and chocolate milk and mix well. Then gently mix in flour mixture with a spatula.
7. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed ( the electric beater should be clean and dry).
8. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
9. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. After that lower the oven temperature to 250 degrees F and cook for another 20 minuets. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
10. Sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with chocolate milk.
Published on March 12, 2008 Last edited on March 11, 2009Related Recipes: