About this Recipe: Navid: Cauliflower and broccoli are both full of vitamins and minerals and extremely good for you. They are excellent sources of Vitamin C and fibers. The creamy cheese sauce in this casserole will satisfy even those of us not fond of broccoli or cauliflower .
Broccoli: 1-2 cups, chopped
Cauliflower: 1-2 cups, chopped
Fresh Parsley: 1/2 tbsp, chopped (optional)
Milk: 1 cup
Butter: 1.5 tbsp
Flour: 1 tbsp
Parmesan Cheese: 1 tbsp, grated
1. Steam cauliflower and broccoli with some salt and pepper for 5-10 min or till soften. Alternatively you can boil and drain the vegetables.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
3. Meanwhile In a small saucepan, melt butter.
4. Blend flour into the melted butter and cook for 30 sec.
5. Slowly add milk, then salt, pepper and Parmesan stirring constantly until smooth and thickened a little bit. If it thickens too much, adjust it by whisking in more milk.
6. Place cauliflower and broccoli in a pan. Coat with the sauce and cook in the oven for 5 min.
7. Sprinkle over with some chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Published on May 9, 2009 Last edited on November 13, 2009
More Vegetarian Recipes:
% Daily Value
Vitamin A Vitamin C 51 % 176 % Calcium Iron 18 % 7 % Complete Nutrition Facts