Tastetester: A wonderfully delicious and light soup. The carrot provides the sweetness and the ginger gives it the kick. Perfect as a refreshing appetizer. Published in easydinnerrecipes.ca.
Carrots: 1 lb, chopped Onion: 1 medium, chopped Celery: 1 stalk, peeled and chopped Ginger: 1 tsp, grated Chicken broth or stock: 5 cups Zest and juice of half a lime Butter: 3 tbsp (or replace with olive oil) Pinch of salt
1. Heat butter in a large pan over a moderate heat.
2. Add the onions, carrots, celery and salt.
3. Reduce heat and saute until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add ginger and cook for another two minutes.
5. Pour in the broth, reduce heat to low and bring to the boil.
6. Puree the soup using a blender. Stir in the lime zest and juice.
7. Chill and serve in individual bowls.
Tips: For a vegetarian version of this soup, use vegetable stock instead of chicken broth.
Mmmmmm...creamy,this is the first thing I ever made, I'm a college student and I was quite impressed with myself. I think the lime makes a really good touch. The only problem I had was with cooking the olive oil - apparently this isn't good for you, it makes free radicals - which I will not explain, but it is bad for your immune system. Also - I couldn't figure out how to zest the lime, i just added the juice.I'm very pleased with this recipe. Thanks!!!
2010 Jul 20
very easy to follow! tasted wonderful! I had no leftovers!