Tastetester: A wonderfully delicious and light soup. The carrot provides the sweetness and the ginger gives it the kick. Perfect as a refreshing appetizer. Published in easydinnerrecipes.ca.
Carrots: 1 lb, chopped Onion: 1 medium, chopped Celery: 1 stalk, peeled and chopped Ginger: 1 tsp, grated Chicken broth or stock: 5 cups Zest and juice of half a lime Butter: 3 tbsp (or replace with olive oil) Pinch of salt
1. Heat butter in a large pan over a moderate heat.
2. Add the onions, carrots, celery and salt.
3. Reduce heat and saute until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add ginger and cook for another two minutes.
5. Pour in the broth, reduce heat to low and bring to the boil.
6. Puree the soup using a blender. Stir in the lime zest and juice.
7. Chill and serve in individual bowls.
Tips: For a vegetarian version of this soup, use vegetable stock instead of chicken broth.