About this Recipe: Bahar: Persian style walnut cookies. Very delicious and an absolutely perfect choice of cookie for Norouz.
Egg Yolks: 4 (extra large) Sugar: 1/2 cup Vanilla: 1/4 tsp (extract or powder) Walnuts: 3+1/2 cups, coarsely chopped Lemon Rind: 1/4 tsp (from one lemon, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Beat egg yolks and sugar until very thick and plain color, for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the vanilla, chopped walnuts and lemon rind (optional) into the yolk mixture.
4. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place small mounds (about 1 tbsp) of the batter on to the parchment-lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 10 minute or until cookies are dry and firm.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Published on February 15, 2008
More Cakes and Cookies Recipes:
Navid , Guest from: Vancouver 2008 Feb 18
Good, but not authentic. You need rose water and cardamom to get the real thing I remember from childhood.
Dawi , Guest from: TZA 2009 Dec 30
at first i thought i missed something, are you telling me there is no flour in making these cookies? please advise.thanks
Hi Dawi. No, you haven't missed anything. Flour is not an ingredient of these cookies.
Ricky LaFerrara , Guest 2010 Nov 18
I have a school project due in 6 days. We are studying Ancient Egypt. I am really have a lot of trouble finding a food recipe that my class would love!! So please if anyone could respond ASAP please do so. Post me a link to that website if you find something delicious. Thank You,Ricky LaFerrara