Tomatoes: 4 medium Vegetable Stock: 1 cup Potatoes: 1 small, peeled and shredded Basil Leaves: 10 Cream: 2 tbsp Salt: 1/8 tsp (or according to your taste) Black Pepper: 1/8 tsp (or according to your taste)
1. Boil water in a medium size saucepan. Reduce the heat and put the tomatoes in the water for 2-3 minutes. Drain the water and let the tomatoes cool slightly. Skin and then puree the tomatoes.
2. Place the tomato puree and vegetable stock in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the potato (shredded) to the tomato mixture and simmer for 10 more minutes.
3. Finely chop 8 basil leaves and add them to the tomato mixture.
4. Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Let heat for few more minutes. Do not boil.
5. Pour the soup in serving bowls. Decorate the bowls with the remaining basil leaves and serve.