About this Recipe: Yalda: Tiramisu is a very easy to make and delicious desert originated in Italy. It traditionally have liquor such as Rum or Vermouth as part of their ingredients. However, this recipe is flavored with vanilla instead. Try it! You will not be disappointed.
Mascarpone cheese : 1cup
Whipping cream : 1cup
Egg yolks : 2 (bitten)
Vanilla powder : 2tsp
Sugar: 2 tbsp
Icing sugar : 2tbsp
Espresso : 2cups
Coffee cream : 2 tbsp
Coco powder : 3/4 cup
Lady fingers (Savoiardi) : 1 package (36)
1. Whip the cream with icing sugar until it forms soft peaks.
2. In a bowl, bit the egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla powder till it thickens and becomes pale. Slowly whisk in the mascarpone cheese and mix thoroughly. Fold in the whipped cream and mix.
3. In a small bowl let the espresso to cool down then add the coffee cream.
4. Dip the lady finger in the espresso mix for 2 seconds. Make sure they are wet but not completely soaked. Arrange them in a medium rectangular dish at least 2 inch deep.
5. Pour 1/3 of the mixture on top of the first layer of lady fingers and spread evenly.
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 for two more layers and sprinkle the coco powder on top for garnish.
7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
(*) Refrigerate the whipped cream until the other mixture is ready. This will prevent the mixture of losing its thickness.
(**) Make sure the espresso is rich in flavor.
(***) The coco powder could also be replaced or mixed with shaved dark chocolate. Fresh berries are great for garnish as well specially in summer time.
Published on October 24, 2008 Last edited on October 23, 2009
More Desserts Recipes: