About this Recipe: Navid: This is a very nice romantic dessert for two. Just drizzle over with some sweet aged balsamic vinegar and it will be mind blowing. The cream stabilizer would add more structure to the cake and make it more solid.
Heavy Cream: 1/2 cup
Icing Sugar: 2 tbsp
Cream Stabilizer: 1/2 Package (optional)
Frozen Strawberries: 100 gram
Fresh Raspberries: 50 gram
Lady Finger Cookies: 6-8
Aged Balsamic Vinegar: (Optional)
Chocolate Sauce: (Optional)
1. Prepare a 15 cm ring out of wax paper or parchment paper and place it in the middle of a plate.
2. Cut strawberries into thin slices and lay them inside the ring.
3. Cut lady finger cookies in half and place them inside the ring as shown in the photo.
4. Whip the cream with the icing sugar and cream stabilizer.
5. Chop finely the rest of the strawberries. Mash half of the raspberries and mix with chopped strawberries. Throw out the extra juice and only keep the solid part.
6. Fold in the mashed berries into the whipped cream and then completely fill between lady finger cookies using the mix.
7. Leave the cake in the fridge for 30 min.
8. Remove the wax paper from around the cake.
9. Decorate it with the rest of the raspberries and one strawberry on top.
10. Drizzle chocolate sauce and aged balsamic vinegar around the cake.
11. Sprinkle all over with some icing sugar and serve.
Published on March 4, 2008 Last edited on January 10, 2009