Spaghetti with Meat and Tomato Sauce
About this Recipe: Navid: There are a few points to consider when cooking any type pf pasta. Always use large straight-sided pots. Use lots of salted water to cook pasta. Never add oil to the water or the sauce won't stick to the pasta. And finally, never rinse the pasta. Here is a basic recipe for cooking spaghetti. You can replace the sauce with your own favorite such as pesto or olive oil and herb.
Spaghetti: 1 lb (500 gr)
Water: 6 quarts (6 liters)
Salt: 2 tbsp
Ground beef: 1/2 lb (250 gr)
Garlic: 2 cloves, minced
Olive oil: 2 tbsp
Fresh basil: 2 tbsp, chopped
Tomato paste: 1-2 tbsp
Tomato puree: 3 cups
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. To make the sauce, heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and wait for the oil to heat up. Lower the temperature to medium.
2. Add minced garlic to the pan and fry for 30 seconds or until softened. Add ground beef and saute for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
3. Add tomato paste and mix well. Continue cooking for 1-2 more minutes.
4. Add tomato puree and simmer until reduced by half. Stir occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Leave on low heat.
5. In the meantime, pour water and salt into a large pot. Water should taste a bit salty but not too much. Bring it to a rapid boil.
6. Add spaghetti and cook al dente. Al dente means that the pasta has cooked through but still has a bit of bite.
7. Keep one cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta. Do not rinse the pasta or the sauce won't stick to it.
8. Increase the heat under the sauce to medium. Add some of the reserved pasta water if needed and stir well.
9. Add the chopped basil to the sauce and stir well. Add pasta to the sauce and mix well.
10. Serve in pre-warmed plates. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Published on September 1, 2010 Last edited on September 1, 2010
Herbs & Spices in this Recipe:
More Rice and Pasta Recipes:
Pasta is a great food that is rich in carbohydrates. I like my wife how she cooked pasta for spaghetti.
Well,very detail,the dish looks colorful,very delicious lt looks,already bookmarked it!
Really an awesome blog.
Karmela , Guest 2011 Jun 26
i love pasta
Salam Aga Navid. Makaroni ba gusht-o-sose goze vage-an khoshmazzasssemtehanesh kardam. so nice food for memerciii ;-)
mer30 agha navid :)
A very smart approach to explain the spaghtti meat tomato sauce, I like your step by step tutorial.
Karim , Guest from: Bangladesh 2014 Nov 14
Brilliant tutorial for creating pasta. Thanks for explain the tutorial A to Z.
Ahshanul , Guest from: Rongpur 2014 Nov 30
Awesome recipe. I like tomato sauce.. Thanks for your information.
Thanks for the detail.... Like the blog. :)
Amazon , Guest from: Gelhi 2015 Aug 15
nice job guys thanks for the blog
Hasan , Guest from: Bangladesh 2015 Aug 25
Pasta Is my favorite food. It is very nutritious food.
Mr Karim , Guest from: Dhaka, Bangladesh 2015 Oct 05
My favorite food list is very short. Pasta have the list. So i want to know how to make pasta. Thanks for great post.
it is good to get such a recipe for myself and i had tried it out at home.
i love pasta very much
Thanks for this site.داک لولر
زومر , Guest from: Iran 2016 Feb 28
Tarif , Guest from: Dhaka 2018 Aug 08
I must thank you for sharing this useful topic. Really a worth reading post ! it explains it all so easliy ! thank you for sharing this article !!
Considerably, the story is in reality the greatest on this noteworthy topic. I agree with your conclusions and will eagerly watch forward to your next updates. Saying nice one will not just be sufficient, for the wonderful clarity in your writing. I will immediately grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates
The Leading Assignment Help UK Firm Offers State Of The Art Services To Its Clients With A Promise Of Delivering All The Required Work Well Within The Deadline.