An individual who has diabetes must make sure that they choose healthy, low fat food. Learning which foods are safe to eat is an ongoing and life long process. The following recipe for low fat sesame noodle soup with vegetables is suitable for anyone following a diabetic or low fat diet plan.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
1/2 cup of sliced green onions
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup of julienned carrots
3 cans reduced sodium chicken broth
12 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 pack of Chinese style noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute the green onions and garlic in sesame oil in a large saucepan for about 5 minutes until they become tender.
2. Add the cabbage, bell pepper and carrots and saute for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth and heat up until boiling.
4. Stir in the chicken and noodles, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for a few minutes until the noodles are tender.
5. Add salt and pepper and then serve.
Published on November 21, 2009 Last edited on November 21, 2009More Soups Recipes: