About this Recipe: Navid: This is one of the most delicious and quickest chicken recipes that I know. The mushroom sauce on its own is a very creamy and wonderful side dish. Mixing this sauce with the paprika taste and fresh herbs makes this dish quite unique.
Chicken Breast: 2 Olive Oil: 1 tbsp Onion: 1 medium, chopped Garlic: 2 cloves Thyme: 4 sprigs fresh Sage Leaves: 4 Paprika: 1-2 tbsp Salt Pepper Sauce Ingredients: Mushrooms: 1/2 lb Cream: 3/4 cup Soy Sauce: 1 tbsp Corn Starch: 1 tbsp Butter: 1 tbsp Olive Oil: 1 tbsp Salt Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. Cut each chicken breast into two slices of equal thickness.
3. Season chicken slices with salt and pepper and cover with paprika.
4. Meanwhile, in a frying pan saute onion with 1 tbsp olive oil till golden.
5. Add chicken breasts to the pan and fry each side for 1-2 min.
6. Put the chicken into an aluminum foil pan and sprinkle over with sage leaves, thyme leaves and sliced garlics.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 10 min.
8. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, saute mushrooms with 1 tbsp olive oil and some salt and pepper till golden.
9. Add cream and soy sauce and continue cooking on medium-low heat.
10. Cream the butter and cornstarch together and slowly blend it into the sauce.
11. Continue cooking the sauce for 5 min or until it thickens.
Published on February 24, 2008
Herbs & Spices in this Recipe:
More Poultry Recipes: