Navid: This can be a perfect dish for your special occasion. The combination of lamb, fresh rosemary and reduced balsamic sauce is quite tasty. Serve it with some roasted vegetables on side. You can also grill the lamb instead of roasting it.
1. Cut the lamb into 2-bone chops. Season them with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Transfer the lamb to the pan and saute over medium heat. Start with fat side down and render the fat for 3-5 min or till golden brown. Turn lamb chops and saute each side for 2 min.
3. Set the lamb aside to cool down for 10 min. Meanwhile, combine parsley, rosemary, 3/4 cup olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Add lamb chops and marinate for 15 min.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 F. Transfer lamb to a oven proof pan. Pour the marinade over them. Cook in the oven for about 10 min.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and let it the lamb rest for 5 min. Serve the lamb chops with some balsamic reduction sauce and roasted vegetables.
Published on January 29, 2009 Last edited on January 29, 2009Herbs & Spices in this Recipe: