Navid: This is a very easy and delicious roast lamb recipe for eight. Even if you are fewer than eight, it's worth cooking it and enjoying the leftovers. Serve the roast lamb with delicious warm bread, roasted potato and salad.
Leg of lamb: 5 lb (2 kg), tied up with string Rosemary: 6 springs Onion: 1, chopped Garlic: 4-6 cloves, lightly crushed Olive oil: 3-4 tbsp Salt Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Add chopped onion, garlic and 3 rosemary springs into a large oven pan. Drizzle some olive oil over them.
3. Season the meat generously with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer the lamb into the pan and place it over the onion, garlic and rosemary springs.
5. Using a knife, pierce the meat and insert rosemary into the cuts.
6. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the meat.
7. Cover it with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches about 160 F.
8. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.