About this Recipe: Tastetester: A naan is a flat, white Indian bread that is traditionally baked in a clay oven called a "tandoor". This recipe, however, is modified so that the naans can be baked in your normal electric oven. Published in easydinnerrecipes.ca.
White flour: 4 cups
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: 1 tsp
Milk: 1/2 cup
Sugar: 1 tbsp
Oil: 4 tbsp
Nigella seeds: 1 tsp
1. Sift the flour, salt, nigella seeds and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the center.
2. In another bowl, mix together the sugar, milk, eggs, and half of the oil.
3. Add this mixture into the bowl of flour, making sure that you pour into the center. Now knead well to form a soft dough. You can add a little water while kneading.
4. Next, tip in the remaining oil and knead again. Once the oil has been absorbed by the dough, cover it with a damp cloth and let it stand.
5. Knead the dough once again after about 20 minutes. Cover it and let it stand for about 3 hours. Preheat the oven at high (400 F), about 30 minutes ahead of actually making the naan.
6. Make 8 balls out of the dough and leave them aside for a few minutes. Now use your palms to shape each ball of dough into an oval patty.
7. Bake the naan bread until puffed up and golden brown. Serve hot with chicken korma or chicken tikka masala.
Tips: Nigella seeds are nothing but seeds of the onion plant and are readily available at Indian stores. They may also be called kalaunji
Published on October 22, 2009 Last edited on October 23, 2009
4 hrs & 10 min
Thanks for posting this very delicious recipe. I will try this at home.
Mahshid , Guest 2010 Feb 10
I tried this recipe of Naan Bread and also Lavash Bread too. Tasted good but both came out SO hard...please tell me what I did wrong?
Thank you for posting this delicious recipe.
Great naan bread recipe! Easy to make and Tastes great! Thanks.
Mike , Guest from: St.louis Mo 2013 May 22
hellothank you you talking about this recipe