Sara: If spinach quiche is too vegetarian for you or your family this recipe can win you over. The recipe is easy to follow and you can further customize it to your taste by choosing different cheese or adding more vegetables like kernel corn.
Chopped Spinach: 1 pack previously frozen* or 300g fresh
Mushroom: 2 cup, chopped
Turkey Bacon: 3 pieces (optional)
Mozzarella Cheese: 1.5 cup shredded
Blue Cheese: 1/4 cup crumbled
Cheddar Cheese: 1/4 cup shredded
Milk: 1/2 Cup
Whipping Cream: 1/2 cup
Onion: 1 medium chopped
Olive oil: 1 Tbsp
Butter: 1 Tbsp
Garlic: 1 clove minced
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie or quiche pan.
2. In a frying pan, add the olive oil and butter and saute the onion and garlic until tender. Add spinach and mushroom slices and saute for 10min.
3. Meanwhile On a microwave-safe dish lay down 2 sheets of paper towels. Place the slices of bacon on the paper towels. Cover the bacon slices with 1 sheet of white paper towel. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. In a bowl, whisk together eggs milk and whipping cream.
5. Add spinach mixture, 1 cup mozzarella and blue cheese to the egg mixture. Mix well. Pour in the quiche pan.
6. Sprinkle with the rest of mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let the quiche stand for 10 minutes to cool before cutting. This recipe can be served at room temperature.
* If using frozen spinach, place the frozen spinach in microwave safe bowl and cook until thawed. Drain as much of the liquid as you can before using.