LadanEM: This free meat recipe is one of the delicious dishes of St.Paul Churchyard restaurant in London. In addition, it is easy to make and full of vitamins.
Plain flour: 2.75 cups or 340 gr
Butter: 1.5 stick (0.75 cup)
Ice water to bind
Onion: 2 medium, peeled and sliced
Butter: 1/4 stick or 2.5 tbsp
Potato: 1 medium, peeled and cubed
English Spinach: 180 gr
Montgomery cheddar: 285 gr
Double cream: 6 tbsp
Thyme: a few springs
Grated nutmeg: a pinch
Salt and pepper: to taste
1. Cook cubed potatoes in salted boiling water.
1. Fry chopped onions with thyme until soft.
2. Add chopped spinach and cooked potato to the onions.
3. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and blend well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix butter and flour and gradually add water until forming a dough.
5. Roll the pastry out and place half of it in a pie plate. Add filling to the pie.
7. Place the rest of the pastry on top of the pie and pinch top and bottom of dough firmly together.
8. Bake in 200 C (400 F) preheated oven for 45 min to 1 hour or till golden.
Published on February 23, 2010 Last edited on February 23, 2010Herbs & Spices in this Recipe: