Bahar: Very delicious and heavenly taste cookies to accompany your afternoon tea/coffee.
Butter: 1/2 cup (room temperature)
Powdered sugar: 1/2 cup (divided)
Vanilla: 1/4 tsp (extract or powder)
Cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt: 1/8 tsp
Flour: 1 cup (all purpose)
Ground nuts: 1/3 cup *
1. Sift the flour with salt, set aside.
2. In a medium-size bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes). Mix in vanilla and cardamom powder.
3. Add the flour to the creamed mixture gradually and beat until combined. Blend in the ground nuts. Cover and refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Scoop small pieces of dough. Roll in hand to make small (about 1 inch) balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minute or until the edges of the cookies start to brown.
7. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to slightly cool for about 3-5 minutes.
8. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of powdered sugar on the bottom of a large plate (or baking pan). Place slightly cooled cookies on the top of sugar. Place the remaining 1/8 cup of powdered sugar in a fine strainer or sieve and then sprinkle the tops of the cookies.
* choose the nuts according to your taste. E.g.: pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, etc.
Published on March 16, 2008 Last edited on October 23, 2009Herbs & Spices in this Recipe: