Navid: A very famous Kabab in middle east and specially Iran, this marinated chicken BBQ which is known as Joojeh Kabab, is enjoyed in special occasions. Traditionally this Kabob is served with grilled tomatoes on rice or bread.
Chicken Thighs: 2 lb, boneless skinless
Lemon Juice: Juice of 4 medium
Saffron: 1/2 tsp
Water: 1/2 cup, boiling
Olive Oil: 4 tbsp
Bell Pepper: 1, chopped coarsely
Onion: 1, chopped coarsely
Parsley: 3 tbsp, chopped
1.Wash and cut each thigh into 2-3 pieces.
2. Add boiling water to saffron and set aside to cool down.
3. To prepare the marinate, blend saffron water, lemon juice and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mix chicken, onion, bell pepper and parsley in a large plastic sealable bag or container.
5. Pour the marinate into the bag and shake well. Seal and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
6. The next day, thread chicken onto skewers. Keep the marinate to brush the chicken while barbecuing.
7. Barbecue for about 5-10 minutes on each side, turning frequently.
Published on February 10, 2008 Last edited on May 9, 2010Herbs & Spices in this Recipe: