Lida: This is a very delicious cake and can be enjoyed in special occasions. Takes some time to prepare, but well worth it!
Eggs: 4 Flour: 1 cup Sugar: 1/2 cup Vanilla powder or vanilla extract: 1 tsp Crushed walnuts: 1/4 cup Banana: 1, sliced Sliced Strawberries: to decorate
Water: 1/8 cup Sugar: 1/4 cup Rosewater: 1 tsp (optional)
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
Whipping cream: 1 cup Sugar: 5 tbsp
Jelly Powder: 1 package (85 gram) Hot water: 1 cup Cold Water: 1/2 cup
1. Using your electric mixer, beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla extract on high speed for 10 min or until doubled in volume.
2. Add flour slowly and beat on slow speed for 1 min.
3. Pour into an 8-inch round cake pan and bake in 400 F (200 C) preheated oven for 10 min or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Invert the cake onto rack and let it cool down for at least 20 min. Cut the cake into two layers.
4. To prepare the syrup, boil together 1/8 cup water and 1/4 cup sugar for 5 min. Add 1 tsp rosewater to the syrup at the end. Let it cool down.
5. To prepare whipped cream, whip together 1 cup whipping cream and 5 tbsp sugar on high speed for 5 min or until stiff.
6.To prepare the jelly, stir well the jelly powder in 1 cup hot water. Add 1/2 cup cold water and let it cool down until soft (like uncooked egg white).
7. Brush over one of the layers with the syrup. Pour half of the whipped cream over the layer and spread using a spatula.
8. Top with sliced bananas and crushed walnuts. Place the second layer on top of it and brush over with some syrup. Pour some whipped cream on top and spread. Spread around the cake a thin layer of whipped cream.
9. Decorate the top with sliced strawberries.
10. To transfer the jelly, cut some parchment paper and roll around the cake. It should be high enough to hold the jelly.
11. Transfer the soft jelly to top of the cake and set aside until firm.
12. Remove the parchment paper and decorate the cake with some whipped cream.