Bahar: Very delicious and tasty cookies. Choose the ground nuts of your choice: almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, etc, or even a mixture of these nutritious nuts; whatever that matches your taste the best.
Butter: 1/2 cup (room temperature)
Powdered sugar: 1/4 cup
Fruit Jam: 2-3 tbsp (any flavor, preferably raspberry)
Vanilla: 1/4 tsp (extract or powder)
Salt: 1/8 tsp
Flour: 1 cup (all purpose)
Ground nuts: 1/3 cup (almonds and/or hazelnuts or any other ground nuts of your choice)
1. Sift the flour with salt, set aside.
2. In a medium-size bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes). Mix in vanilla..
3. Add the flour to the creamed mixture gradually and beat until combined. Blend in the ground nuts. Cover and refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Scoop small pieces of dough. Roll in hand to make small (about 1 inch) balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Pat each cookie ball on top to flatten slightly. Make a well in each cookie slightly close to the border, using your finger or an instrument of similar size. Fill the whole with jam*.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom. Remove to wire racks to cool.
*To easily fill the holes with jam: take a sandwich/freezer bag or and spoon the jam into the bottom of the bag. Make a small snip in the bottom of the bag and squeeze out the jam into the holes in the balls.