Bahar: Very delicious, quick and easy to make. A great choice of cookie for Norouz or your afternoon tea parties. I found the original recipe on allrecipes; Missi, who submitted the recipe, claimed that it is her favorite cookie. I baked it and since then it is one of my own favorite cookies too. Bake in huge batches since they will be gone very fast.
Butter: 1/2 cup (softened)
Sugar: 1/3 cup
Egg Yolks: 1
Vanilla: 1/3 tsp
All-purpose Flour: 1+1/3 cup
Fruit Jam: 2-3 tbsp (any flavour)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Sift the flour, set aside.
3. In a medium-size bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
4. All the flour to the creamed mixture a little bit at a time and mix well until a soft dough forms. If the mixture is too soft, cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
5. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls onto the baking sheet 1.5 inches part.
6. Make a well in the center of each cookie, using your finger or an instrument of similar size. Fill the whole with jam*.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom. Remove to wire racks to cool.
*To easily fill the holes with jam: take a sandwich/freezer bag or and spoon the jam into the bottom of the bag. Make a small snip in the bottom of the bag and squeeze out the jam into the holes in the balls.
Published on February 15, 2008 Last edited on March 10, 2009More Norooz Recipes: