Bahar: Very delicious, quick and easy to make. A great choice of cookie for Norouz or your afternoon tea parties. I found the original recipe on allrecipes; Missi, who submitted the recipe, claimed that it is her favorite cookie. I baked it and since then it is one of my own favorite cookies too. Bake in huge batches since they will be gone very fast.
Butter: 1/2 cup (softened)
Sugar: 1/3 cup
Egg Yolks: 1
Vanilla: 1/3 tsp
All-purpose Flour: 1+1/3 cup
Fruit Jam: 2-3 tbsp (any flavour)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Sift the flour, set aside.
3. In a medium-size bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
4. All the flour to the creamed mixture a little bit at a time and mix well until a soft dough forms. If the mixture is too soft, cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
5. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls onto the baking sheet 1.5 inches part.
6. Make a well in the center of each cookie, using your finger or an instrument of similar size. Fill the whole with jam*.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom. Remove to wire racks to cool.
*To easily fill the holes with jam: take a sandwich/freezer bag or and spoon the jam into the bottom of the bag. Make a small snip in the bottom of the bag and squeeze out the jam into the holes in the balls.
Published on February 15, 2008 Last edited on March 10, 2009