Navid: Guacamole is a very healthy and delicious Mexican dip. It is also a great topping or even a side dish. The real trick to delicious guacamole is to use ripe and good quality avocados. Basically the main ingredients that you need to make a fresh batch of guacamole are avocados, lemon juice and salt. Lemon is added for both the flavor and also to prevent discoloring of avocados. You can add chili or jalapeno pepper if you want your guacamole to have some kick.
Ripe avocados: 3, peeled and seeded
Onion: half a medium, diced
Lemon: juice of 1
Fresh Cilantro: 1-2 tbsp, chopped
Tomato: 1, diced
Chili pepper: 1/2, seeds removed and diced (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, mash avocados using a fork.
2. Stir in lemon juice, onion, cilantro, black pepper and salt. Add chili pepper if you want it to have some kick.
3. Adjust seasoning to taste.
4. Cover and leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
5. Stir in tomatoes before serving.
Published on May 15, 2009 Last edited on October 23, 2009