Navid: Crepe is basically a very thin cooked pancake. There are many variations to crepe recipe. This is a simple recipe that can be turned into both savory and sweet crepes. In this recipe, Instead of raspberry sauce, you can use strawberry sauce or chocolate sauce with banana. For the savory variation, try fried mushrooms and melted cheese. Also remember that It is always better to let the batter stand for a while in the fridge.
Flour: 1 cup
Milk: 1 cup
Water: 1/2 cup
Butter: 1 tbsp, melted
Salt: a pinch
Fresh Raspberries: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 tbsp
Icing Sugar: optional
1. Mix milk, eggs, flour, water, butter, and a pinch of alt. Process in a blender.
2. Cover and leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, Into a saucepan add half a cup raspberry and 1 tbsp sugar. Cook on medium heat for 10 min or until the juice starts to come out.
4. Transfer the juice into a strainer and force it through the strainer. Let the juice cool down for 15 min.
5. Heat a lightly buttered non-stick skillet. Pour 1/4 cup crepe mixture into it and spread evenly. Cook for 1 minute on medium-high heat or until bubbles start to burst the crepe surface. Flip and cook for 30 more seconds. Repeat with the remaining batter.
6. Roll crepes and pour the raspberry sauce over them. Decorate with some fresh raspberries and icing sugar before serving.
Published on May 9, 2009 Last edited on October 23, 2009