Navid: Cornbread is a quick bread that is sometimes associated with thanksgiving. There are various recipes call for different ingredients. White cornmeal instead of yellow cornmeal, baking soda replacing baking powder, brown sugar and buttermilk instead of white sugar and milk and even salt replacing sugar, are all variations for this recipe. This recipe is for a sweet cornbread, crispy outside and chewy inside. Feel free to add more sugar if you prefer sweeter cornbreads.
Butter: 1/3 cup Flour: 1 cup Cornmeal: 1 cup Milk: 1 cup Sugar: 1/2 cup Baking powder: 1 tsp Egg: 2
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C) and place an empty 8 inch square pan or cast iron skillet in it. This is to prevent the cornbread from sticking to the pan.
2. Melt the butter in a separate pan on medium heat.
3. Add milk, sugar and cornmeal to it. Whisk occasionally for 5 min until thickened.
4. Set aside to cool down.
5. Meanwhile in a bowl, slightly whisk eggs and baking powder. Add flour and cornmeal mixture to it. Stir until well combined.
6. Remove the hot pan from the preheated oven. Slightly grease the bottom of it with butter.
7. Pour the batter into the pan and return to the oven.
8. Bake for 30-35 min until golden brown and a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.