Coconut Curry Chicken
Skinless chicken thighs: 6 Flour for dusting Minced garlic: 2 tsp Minced ginger: 2 tsp Curry powder: 1 tsp Black pepper: 1/2 tsp Anaheim chiles: 2, minced Low-fat chicken broth: 2-3 cups Coconut milk: 1 can Roasted cashews: 1 cup
1. Dredge chicken pieces in flour and lay them out in a canola-sprayed baking dish so the pieces fit somewhat snugly.
2. Sprinkle with garlic, ginger, curry, and pepper.
3. Dice the chiles and sprinkle them over the top.
4. Pour chicken broth along the edges of the pan till it comes about 1/2 or 3/4 to the top of the chicken.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degree F for about half an hour, then turn heat down to 300 F and check the level of liquid in the pan.
6. Add more broth if necessary to keep the liquid about halfway up the chicken.
7. About 20 minutes before serving, pour a can of (stirred) coconut milk over the top of the chicken and tilt the pan back and forth to mix.
8. Sprinkle the top with chopped cashews and return to oven.
9. Serve over rice or pasta.
Published on April 29, 2010
Herbs & Spices in this Recipe:
More Poultry Recipes:
Sonia Ninala , Guest from: Toronto,canada 2010 Aug 19
I can't wait to make this for my family.'Its just like back home.Thankyou:)!
Victoria , Guest from: Japan 2012 Feb 29
This was very simple to make! I added one red bell pepper and half an onion. I had to bake it for a little over an hour, but it turned out great! It's been a couple days since I made this and my boyfriend is still saying how good it was!