Bahar: A moist chocolate cake that wins everyone's heart. It is very easy to make and definitely fail-proof; just grab a hand mixer and couple of bowls and start mixing the ingredients together following the recipe. Serve plain or decorate with whipped cream and/or powdered sugar before serving. I found the original recipe in joyofbaking.com---where it is claimed that the recipe is from the following source: Rodmell, Jane. Best Summer Weekends Cookbook. Cottage Life Books. Toronto: 2004.--- and modified it slightly. Enjoy.
All-purpose flour: 1+3/4 cups
Granulated sugar: 1+ 1/2 cups
Cocoa powder: 3 /4 cup
Baking soda: 1+1/2 tsp
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Baking powder: 1+1/2 tsp
Eggs: 2 large (preferably room temperature)
Bananas: 3 ripe, mashed
Warm water: 1 cup
Milk: 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil: 1/2 cup (safflower or canola)
Vanilla: 1+1/2 teaspoon (extract or powder)
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate: 8 ounces (227 grams) cut into small pieces (about 1+1/4 cups chocolate chips)
Whipping cream: 3/4 cup
1. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pan. Or, cut two circles of parchment paper, the size of the pans, grease the pans, cover with parchment paper and grease again. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In a large bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together, set aside. Whisk in the sugar.
4. In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, water, milk, oil and vanilla extract.
5. Add the wet ingredients (egg mixture) to the dry ingredients (flour mixture) and stir or whisk until just combined. To get the best result try stirring on the same direction using a spatula; do not overmix. The batter is going to be quite thin.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Avoid opening the oven door in the first 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
7. After the cakes reached the room temperature, remove them from the pans. If you used parchment paper, take it off. If you can't take the cakes off the pans easily, try loosening the edges with a sharp knife.
8. To make the chocolate frosting: Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel or heatproof bowl. Set aside. Heat the cream in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let the frosting cool for few minutes and then beat until soft and fluffy.
9 .Place one of the cakes in the serving dish and cover the top with 1/3 of the chocolate frosting. Place the other cake on top of the first one and cover the whole cake with the rest of the chocolate frosting. Decorate with whipped cream, your favourite frosting or slivered almonds if you wish.
*You can also make the cake in a rectangle pan of about5 9x13 inch size, cover it with chocolate frosting and cut it into squares for serving
Published on January 18, 2009 Last edited on January 22, 2009
Hello Bahar, I just made your cake and It was delicious!!! very easy to prepare too!.By te way are you persian? your name is persian it means spring.Thank you again for sharing such a good recipe with us. ;)
2009 Jul 08
i made the cake and i loved it
Mrs. Ryan, Guest from: US Citizen In Central America
2009 Aug 07
This cake was FANTASTIC! Bananas are extremely cheap here, but cocoa is expensive... This recipe is definitely worth the cocoa it calls for. I marked it Super Delicious when I saved it to my hard drive. And that was without the fancy frosting... I'd love to try it as written some day! Thanks for posting it!
2009 Aug 22
It looks really good;) mmmm....LOLZ im gonna make it 2day thx for sharin the recipe
Background Removal Services (BRS) is one of the best Clipping path service provider around the world. We offer our global customers: Raster to Vector Services, Photo Restoration Services Prices, Photo Neck Joint Service, Exposure Color Correction Service, Jewelry Photo, Retouching Services, Photo Color Correction Service, Image Mirror Effect Service, Cheap Retouching Services, Deep Etching Service,
We absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for. I’ll bookmark your blog and check once more here regularly.I am quite sure I’ll be informed a lot of new stuffright right here! Best of luck for the next!
I was surfing net and luckily ran over this site and discovered exceptionally intriguing stuff here. Its truly enjoyable to peruse. I delighted in a considerable measure. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this superb data.