Bahar: Ladyfingers dipped in hot chocolate, topped with chocolate flavoured whipped cream, fresh strawberries, etc. etc. It not only sounds like a yummy and tasty way of finishing an amazing dinner, but it also absolutely tastes like one! Try it, you won’t be disappointed.
Strawberries: 6 (sliced)
Blueberries:1/8 cup (optional)
Cocoa powder: 1/2 tsp (for decoration)
Dark chocolate: 1 small bar (for decoration)
Milk: 1/4 cup
Semisweet chocolate chips: 1 tbsp (or equivalent amount of your favourite dark chocolate bar cut into small pieces)
Instant coffee granules: 1/4 tbsp
1. To make the Chocolate mixture: Heat the milk in small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat when it starts boiling. Add chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) and instant coffee granules and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and pour into a large shallow bowl. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
2. To make whipped cream: pick two large bowl and place 1/2 cup of whipping cream in each. Add 1/2 tbsp of sugar and 1/4 tsp of vanilla to one bowl. Add 1+1/2 tbsp of sugar, 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp of instant coffee granules and 1/4 tsp of vanilla to the other bowl. Cover and chill the bowls in refrigerator for at least half an hour (up to 24 hours). Chill the beaters in the freezer or refrigerator for at least half an hour. When chilled, remove the bowls (start with the plain one and then chocolate-y one) from the fridge, beat until stiff peaks form.
3. To assemble: break each lady finger into 2-3 pieces. Dip pieces in the chocolate mixture and place over the bottom of the serving glasses (about 4 lady fingers in each glass). Spoon half of the chocolate whipped cream into each glass over the ladyfingers, making sure they are completely covered. Place 2-3 layers of strawberry slices into each glass; place one round of slices cut side facing the glass (as in the photo). Spoon about 2 tbsp of plain whipped cream into each glass.
4. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours, or even overnight.* Cover the remaining whipped cream and refrigerate (we use it later for decoration).
5. To serve: Unwrap the serving glasses. Cover the top with blueberries (keep some for decoration). Decorate with whipped cream and sift some cocoa powder over the top. Garnish with grated or chopped dark chocolate and few more blueberries.
*To allow the layers to blend. You can make this dessert a day ahead and let it stay in the refrigerator overnight.
Published on January 29, 2009 Last edited on October 23, 2009More Desserts Recipes: