Sara: This is my version of healthy chicken wings! The trick is in marinating for a day. By marinating the chicken wings I give them a lot of taste, I keep them light and they still come out juicy. This is the very simple version which can be made more interesting by brushing the wings with your choice of sauce such as Teriyaki or BBQ about 20 minutes before they are done.
Chicken wings: 16 chicken drumettes
Onion : 1 large
Garlic: 2 garlic cloves
Olive oil: 2 Tbsp
Salt and pepper
1. Slice the onion and mince the garlic cloves.
2. In large bowl, combine Chicken drumettes, onion, garlic, olive oil salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice from the lemons over the mixture.
3. Cover and refrigerate for about a day. Tossing the mixture couple of times.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Place the chicken pieces on the backing sheet and cook for 1 to 1.5 hours or until juices run clear. Turning once.
6. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Published on December 12, 2008 Last edited on December 14, 2008More Poultry Recipes: