Navid: This is a very healthy and versatile pasta recipe. You can replace mushroom and pepper with other vegetables such as steamed broccoli or asparagus. I recommend using fresh pasta and fresh lemon juice for this recipe.
First saute the mushroom.
Saute bell peppers.
Add chicken and cook until done.
Add Parmesan cheese and lemon juice, and adjust the seasoning.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted boiling water. Finally, mix everything. Top with grated cheese and serve.
Pasta: 3/4 lb (350 gram), preferably fresh
Chicken breast: 1 half, cut into small pieces
Mushrooms: 1/2 lb, chopped
Yellow Bell pepper: 1/2, chopped
Green Bell pepper: 1/2, chopped
Red Bell pepper: 1/2, chopped
Garlic: 2 cloves, minced
Vegetable oil: 1+2 tbsp
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Fresh lemon juice: 1 tbsp
Parmesan cheese: 1-2 tbsp, grated
Paprika: 1 tsp
1. Rinse chicken breast under cold water, and pat dry. Cut into cubes.
2. Saute mushrooms in 1 tbsp oil until tender.
3. In a separate pan, saute peppers in 2 tbsp oil for 5 minutes.
4. Add garlics and saute for 2-3 more minutes.
5. Add cubed chicken breast, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook until done (about 5-10 minutes over medium-high heat).
6. Remove from the heat. Add mushroom, grated Parmesan cheese and lemon juice, and stir well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
7. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
8. Mix pasta, olive oil and chicken mixture well.
9. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Published on November 19, 2009 Last edited on November 19, 2009