About this Recipe: Sara: A classic dish that is easy and quick to prepare. It can be served with rice, noodle, and pasta or even just with toasted pita bread.
Chicken Breast :2 Mushrooms: 1/2 lb Onion: 1 medium Butter: 1 tbsp Olive Oil: 1 tbsp Lemon Juice : 2 tbsp Garlic: 1 clove Chicken Bullion : 2 packs Shoe string French Fries: Optional Sauce Ingredients: Butter: 2 tbsp White Flour: 2 tbsp Cream: 1 cup Nutmeg: 1/4 tsp Pepper Salt
1. Cut the chicken breast into half inch cubes.
2. Slice the onion, mince the garlic and add to the chicken pieces. Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper and let marinate for at least an hour.
3. Melt the butter with olive oil and then add the chicken. Saute until chicken is fully cooked.
4. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until golden.
5. To make the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan, blend in flour until smooth. Add cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. On a medium heat, simmer while you stir until the sauce has thickened.
6. Add the sauce and the chicken bullions to the chicken mixer.
7. Serve it decorated with French fries.
Published on April 30, 2008
An excellent dish. This amount served me and my sister twice ( so I would say if you do not have a huge appetite this amount will serve about 4 people), so I tried it both with the fries and pasta, loved it both times. My sister is kind of picky about the smell of meat or chicken, but she was amazed how delicious the chicken tastes in this recipe which I think is because of the marinating step. Try this recipe, you won't regret it :)
I made this dish with pasta tonight, it was alright, I didn't love it though.
Infinitehope , Guest from: Regina, Saskatchewan 2011 Dec 11
Easy to make....but something this delicious can not be healthy. Doubled the recipe and didnt have a morsel left.