1. Chop one onion and garlic cloves and saute them in vegetable oil in a pan for couple of minutes. Add and saute the chicken for 5 minutes until the outer layer turns white. Add 3 cups of water and cook for 20 minutes.
2. After the chicken breasts are cooked, strain the remaining broth and return it back to the pan.
3. Cut the chicken breasts in to small pieces and add them in to the pan with chopped onions, turnip, potatoes, tomatoes and the shredded carrot.
4. Add the 3 cups of extra chicken broth for extra flavour. Let the mixture simmer on medium heat for 30 mins.
5. Add the soup noodles, oregano, lemon juice and salt. Continue to simmer for 15 more mins. or until the noodles are cooked.