Navid: Bruschetta is an Italian dish made with toasts which are rubbed with garlic and topped with some olive oil. Other nice toppings for this dish are tomato and fresh mozzarella. The olive oil and balsamic vinegar marinate in this recipe makes a delicious Bruschetta.
Italian bread: 8 slices, 1 cm thickness
Romano tomatoes: 5-6 medium
Garlic: 1 clove
Olive oil: 2 tbsp
Balsamic vinegar: 1 tbsp
Sweet basil: 2 tbsp, chopped
Fresh mozzarella: 1-2 tbsp, shredded
1. Bring some water to boil and add tomatoes to it. Wait for about 20-30 second.
2. Strain the hot water and leave tomatoes in a bowl of ice-cold water for a couple of min.
3. Peel off tomato skins. Discard juice and seeds and dice tomatoes.
4. Add chopped basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar to tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Leave to marinate for 10-15 min.
5. Meanwhile, grill bread slices for 1 min on each side and rub garlic on them.
6. Transfer bread slices into an oven plate and spoon over the tomato mixture. Sprinkle over with shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Broil in 450 F preheated oven for 3 min until the cheese has melted completely.
Published on November 20, 2008 Last edited on November 29, 2009Herbs & Spices in this Recipe: