Navid: Making healthy brownies is not easy. Many recipes call for loads of butter, sugar and chocolate. Here I have cut the amount of butter and sugar. Instead of chocolate chips or chocolate bars, I have also used unsweetened dark cocoa powder. The combination of dark cocoa powder, orange zest and a touch of salt is just delicious. You can also replace the orange zest with vanilla extract if you prefer the traditional brownie taste.
Butter: 1 stick (1/2 cup), melted
Brown sugar: 1.5 cups
White sugar: 0.5 cup
Eggs: 4, beaten
Flour: 0.5 cup
Unsweetened dark cocoa powder: 0.5 cup
Zest of 1 orange (or replace with 1 tsp vanilla extract)
Salt: 0.5 tsp
Walnuts: 1/4-1/2 cup (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line parchment paper on a baking dish.
3. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and walnuts in a bowl. Add melted butter, beaten eggs and zest of orange and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-40 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean .
6. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool before cutting.
Published on March 17, 2010 Last edited on March 18, 2010
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but does this recipe work well? I'm planning on to make brownies for my mom's birthday. So can someone who tried the recipe please tell me how the brownie went for this recipe? Thanks!
2011 Mar 05
you sould realy realy trie the brownies there fanstastic I JUST LOVE BUT NO JUST LOVE x2 LOVE!!!!!!!