About this Recipe: Yalda: This is a very flexible and versatile recipe. You can increase the number of vegetables or greens used in this recipe according to your taste and desire. Just bare in mind that they might have different cooking times.
Beef strips: 1lb
Vegetable oil: 2-3 tbsp
Teriyaki sauce: 1/4 cup
Snow Peas: 100 g, trimmed
Fresh cilantro: 1/4 cup, chopped
Bell pepper: 1 small, sliced
Broccoli: 1/2 cup, chopped
Onion: 1, minced
Garlic: 1 clove, chopped
Beef broth: 1/4 cup
Rice noodles: 100 gram
Lemon juice: 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds: 2 tbsp
1. heat a wok until hot. add 1 tbsp oil and fry the onion and garlic till golden.
2. add the beef strips and stir fry until browned all over. remove from wok and keep warm.
3. in the same wok add more oil and stir fry the snow peas, bell peppers, and broccoli for about 1-2 min.
4. return the beef strips back to the wok and mix it with vegetables.
5. add the broth and lemon juice
6. in med heat let the liquid to evaporate for 4-5 min
7. add the teriyaki sauce to the mixture
8. garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro
9. serve with fried noodles
Making fried noodles:
Heat the oil in a preheated wok. Deep fry the noodles one handful at a time, until crisp. do not over fry and drain them on a paper towel to take the extra oil out.
Published on September 18, 2008 Last edited on November 26, 2009
Herbs & Spices in this Recipe:
More Meat Recipes: