Navid: This is a very easy and delicious appetizer recipe. The combination of soy sauce and brown sugar creates a wonderful glaze. You can also boil the soy sauce and brown sugar together and serve as a dipping sauce.
Low-sodium soy sauce: 1 cup
Brown sugar: 1/2 cup
Beef tenderloin: 2 lb
Asparagus: 1 lb
Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
1. Trim off any fat and cut the beef tenderloin into 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) thick slices.
2. Place slices between two pieces of plastic wraps and pound them with a meat mallet to a thickness of about 1/8 inch. Remove the plastic wraps.
3. Whisk together the soy sauce and the brown sugar until dissolved. Set aside.
4. Wash asparagus spears with cold water. Cut off the bottom tough part of the spears.
5. Steam them for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
6. Dip beef slices in the soy sauce mixture and wrap around the asparagus spears.
7. Heat the oil in a medium size frying pan over medium-high heat.
8. Saute the beef asparagus rolls for about 1-2 min on each side, until medium rare.
Published on April 18, 2010 Last edited on May 1, 2010