Sara: If you like the taste of BBQ sauce, this will be your favorite pizza. The sweetness from caramelized onion and BBQ sauce with the sour taste of the tomato sauce make a wonderful combination. Feel free to add as much as chicken or mushroom as you like. Also the combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheese is just a suggestion that you can change.
Red bell pepper: 1 large, sliced
Chicken: 2 boneless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
Onion: 1 large
Vegetable oil: 1 tbsp
Mushroom: 1 cup, sliced
BBQ Sauce: 1/2 cup
Cheddar cheese: 150 grams
Mozzarella cheese: 150 grams
Tomato Sauce: 1 cup, or enough to cover the pizza dough (recipe here)
Pizza Dough: 1 large (recipe here)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Thinly slice the yellow onion. In skillet heat the vegetable oil and sauté until onions are caramel colored, stirring often.
2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to the baking and bake until puffed and beginning to color 5-10 minutes.
3. Mix cooked chicken cubes with BBQ sauce until evenly coated.
3. Spread the pizza sauce over the pizza crust and top with mushrooms, peppers, onions and chicken.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese has melted.